Finishing Touches

>> Sunday, July 18, 2010

There are little details that I just have to do on every single page. They have become a part of my style to point that my pages don't seem finished without them. Some girls are so consistent with their little details that I can pick out their designs from thumbnails.

I thought I'd share my little details, simple as they are.

1. I love to use strips of patterned papers. I tend to do this a lot. I might make them all the same length or stagger the lengths. I will always ink the edges or even bend them if I'm in the mood.

2. I have to outline embellishments, photos and the outside of my pages. I use sharpie pens because they will write on everything from sheers to rub-ons with no smearing. If I don't use a sharpie, I use my sewing machine.

3. I love to layer embellishments. I like the texture it adds and the dimension.

4. I'm into little misting splatters lately. I'm obsessed with the new Creative Imaginations Luminarte. When I'm feeling lazy and don't want to bring out the cardboard box to mist in, I just open the bottle and shake the sprayer on my page to make the splatters. I love the little extra something on the page and especially the shine.


I hope you have been enjoying your weekend. Tomorrow we are revealing our new collections and we cannot wait share them with you. You will definitely want to head back over tomorrow to check it all out.

3 comments:

Brenda Hurd July 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

LOVE this lori - the strips are great!

Heather Lough July 18, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

Wow, fabulous layout and love your ideas.

Chris C July 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

I love your layout and tips and that collection is to die for!!!

Post a Comment