Sweet Days

>> Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Do you remember those sweet teenage years when life lay ahead full of possibility? While I'd never want to go back to them, I'm enjoying scrapping them as my teenagers grow up.

For this layout I wanted a fresh but shabby style. Using the Lovely Line, a little paper distressing and stitching helps get this look.


Here's a close-up of the two pages...



A fun way to add interest to a photo and to use up some empty space is to apply rub-ons directly to the photo as in the image above.


I can't seem to get enough of the Lily Bee chipboard pieces as there is so much to do with them. I've altered them a little in this layout to add to the shabby distressed look.





To get this lovely textured look, all you need is a few simple steps. Sand the surface of the chipboard lightly and then paint with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger. Allow to dry. The thicker you apply the paint, the larger your cracks will be. Once dry, rub or sponge ink over the paint to highlight the cracks.


You can also apply it to other paper surfaces as well to tie the look together.

Have a sweet day!

7 comments:

Jenni June 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

i love this, julia! Distressing the chipboard pieces is such a great idea!

Lori Gentile June 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

GORGEOUS! I love the technique. I especially love that you did a 2 pager!

Amy Heller June 2, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Oh, now this is a GORGEOUS layout!! Love it!

beckyjune June 2, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Beautiful! I've been loving my Lily Bee lately.

iris June 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

I really love your layout Julia!

Unknown June 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

what a COOL technique w/ the flower chips Julia, Awesome & so is your layout, just beautiful!!!

Brenda Hurd June 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

SO beautiful Julia!! Love it!

Post a Comment