A Splash of Color

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Morning Sunshines!


I am excited to share a layout I made using the "Hello Sunshine" Collection. The vibrant colors of this collection makes me smile! My family and I recently took a trip to the Children's Museum in our city and I knew "Hello Sunshine" would perfectly compliment my photo.


I layered my photo on top of the patterned paper, ribbon, and chipboard in order to give it depth. I used Helmar's Zapdots to prop and adhere the top portion of my photo to the page.

As I was misting the layout, a few large drops accidentally hit my page. I decided to use the adorable Lily Bee chipboard buttons as a way to "cover up" and layer on to the large mist drops. I ended up liking the way it looked because it perfectly matched the "splash of color" feel of the Hello Sunshine Collection and our day at the Museum.


We enjoy seeing all the amazing creations and inspiration over at the Lily Bee Ning site! Be sure to check it out and share your projects with us!

9 comments:

Amy Heller April 28, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

Jenni, this is gorgeous! LOVE it!

Jocelyn April 28, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

This is just AWESOME!!! I have these papers and so enjoyed using them!!! Love how you covered up your spots with the chipboard buttons!!!

PERFECT Picture!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous,  April 28, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

Oh what a clever idea! And what gorgeous work you do.

Lacey April 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

great layout! love the splashes of color!! so cool

Virginia April 28, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

I love this, and I love the way you used the buttons with the drops- so cooL!

Lydia April 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

I'm loving the buttons on the drops too. Great idea!

Katie Burnett April 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

love love love this layout! Love the misting on the grid.

Heather Lough April 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

Love that layout! I just placed an order for a bunch of the Hello Sunshine for my Scrapdango June kit, and I can't wait to get it. :)

Gina April 29, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

This is so so cute!!! LOVE this LO!

Post a Comment