January Guest Designer Amanda Johnson

>> Monday, January 11, 2010


I am excited to have Amanda Johnson as our Guest Designer for January! Be sure to check out her awesome layouts below!
Must Have Scrapbook Supply?: patterned paper. I love saving every little bit and arranging them on the pages I create. I think it would be really difficult to do a page without *any* pattern!

When & why did you start scrapbooking?
In the beginning, it was just me, the scotch tape, and the college ruled paper. When I developed the disposable cameras that I took on trips, I wanted to put the photos together with the memorabilia. Then, in highschool, I was walking down the paper crafts aisle at Walmart and saw one of those scrapbooking kits. I think I had just cashed a paycheck or something, because I thought "Eh, why not?" And threw the kit into my cart. I think I spent the entire next two weeks scrapbooking and giving my paychecks to the local scrapbooking shop that I had just discovered. It was awesome. I think I was addicted because I didn't have any other creative outlets that were so practical and fulfilling. And that's why I'm still doing it.

Guilty Pleasures: Oh my. Far too many to list! The big ones would have to be sugar and wine. I'm hopelessly addicted to sugar, and while I'm not addicted to wine, I do enjoy it responsibly! :)

Two things you want very badly at this moment: I would love to be living in Chicago and going out with my friends. Although realistically, I would settle for Grandma's peanut butter fudge which is hiding in the fridge.

3 items that are in your purse: Honestly, there are *only* three items in my purse. My wallet, my cell phone, and my lipstick. And most of the time, they're in my coat pocket because I have a bad habit of laying down my purse and leaving it there.

Favorite Scrapbook Technique/ or Style: I love, love, LOVE stitching! When I finish a page and it doesn't have stitching, something just seems to be missing. It's such an easy way to add texture, interest, and even a graphic punch.

When do you feel most creative? I'm never really the one to say "Hey, I want to scrapbook *right* now!" Usually I have deadlines or such that lure me to my craft table. And after I get out all of my supplies, I finally begin to be inspired! And theeeeeen... I can't be stopped.

Do you snack while you scrapbook? I always put on a pot of coffee while I'm getting ready, but I usually only take about two sips. I forget about everything else and get lost in the piles of paper and letter stickers that surround me! ha!

Do you have a scrapbook confession? I don't have a photo printer at home, so I run to the printer to get photos done. Sometimes... I get reeeally lazy and make scrapbook pages without pictures, and then add them later! And then other times (rare, rare times)... I never even add the pictures. I'm a kook. But sometimes it's all about the paper, and I'm okay with that! It's my creative outlet.

Jobs you've had? My first job (the one that paid for my first scrapbooking supplies) was at Chick-fil-A. I moved up in the world to a waitressing job, which drove me so crazy that I actually accepted a nanny position to two children I had never met. People called me crazy. But it turned out that the kids were angels, and I stayed with them for five years. I just left the family last week, actually, to accept an internship working at Joann Fabrics & Crafts' headquarters in Hudson, Ohio, where I will be working as a store planner. I graduate with a degree in interior design this summer, so who knows what's in store! We're thinking, maybe something in Chicago...

Favorite TV Shows? Most of the time I turn on the t.v. and flip directly to Turner Classic Movies. I'm obsessed with Old Movies. Totally obsessed. I think it drives my husband crazy, but he's too nice to say anything about it!

What are you listening to right now? I have a mix in the CD player right now, and the song that's on is by Fleet Foxes. They are so mellow, sometimes I think I might melt onto the table.




9 comments:

kELLY January 11, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

i absolutely LOVE those layouts. makes me want to scrap right now :)

Anonymous,  January 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Hooray to my friend being guest, lovely fit! just gorgeous!!

katrina January 11, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

what fun creations! congrats!

Jill January 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Well, THIS makes my day! Lily Bee + Amanda = Happy Me.

Stacey January 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

Such a Amanda fan! Layouts are amazing.

Lori Gentile January 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Beautiful work, Amanda. Everything is amazing.

Curlywiggles January 13, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

Always love what Amanda come up with, these are so great!

Post a Comment