September Guest Designer-Katie Watson

>> Monday, September 7, 2009


We are so thrilled to have Katie Watson as our Guest Designer this month! Katie creates AMAZING Mini Albums and has created one with our products to share with you.
We will post the first half of her mini and then the second half later this month on the 17th. PURE EYE CANDY!

Must Have Scrapbook Supply?
Fabri-Tac. It's a fabric glue that is my miracle glue. I use it for almost everything. If I don't have it, I don't scrap.

When & why did you start scrapbooking?
I started scrapping in 2002. It was at the end of one of my husbands deployments and once the babies were in bed I had to do something to fight off missing him. Plus I have always had to have a creative outlet and once I discovered scrapbooking, I was hooked.

Guilty Pleasures:
French Vanilla creamer. I can't drink coffee without it now.

Two things you want very badly at this moment:
A new computer and Photoshop.

3 items that are in your purse:
Trash, trash, trash.

Favorite Scrapbook Technique/ or Style?
Shabby chic and anything with chipboard and paint.

When do you feel most creative?
Morning, for sure. I think it's the French Vanilla creamer!

Do you snack while you scrapbook?
Never. I hate greasy fingerprints.

Do you have a scrapbook confession?
That half of my creative ideas come from trying to cover up something that I totally messed up.

Favorite TV Shows?
Intervention, Dateline, Hell's Kitchen and The Bachelorette/Bachelor.

Jobs you've had?
Does wiping noses and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches count? Or just the jobs that make money? I used to be a visual merchandiser. I was also a buyer for a children's resale store. My kids favorite story of past jobs is my Sea World job. They asked me if I worked with the whales or the dolphins. Um, the ice cream. Do you want a single or a double?

What are you listening to right now?
The kids are watching Disney Channel downstairs, so I guess that is what I am listening to. I don't listen to music while I work. Too distracting! But my music of choice is Norah Jones, she makes lowers my blood pressure.














11 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin September 7, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Gorgeous job w/ the lily bee for this mini! LOVE the tulle flower - looks perfect for their flower girl dresses.
(mmm...French Vanilla. ;) ) TFS, Katie!

Jill September 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

This is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I know of no better word. Wow! I so love that turquoise ribbon.

Nicole September 8, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Katie's work NEVER disappoints...gorgeous as always!!

Lori Gentile September 8, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

This is so gorgeous, Katie!!!

stephanie howell September 8, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

holy gorgeousness, katie!! congrats on being our very first guest designer, too. xo

Brenda Hurd September 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

wow - amazing - couldn't have started off with a better GDesigner! tHanks!!

Erika M. September 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Too fabulous - Katie does fabulous work!

Danielle Flanders September 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

congrats, Katie! beautiful work, can't wait to see the rest!

Samantha September 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Oh Katie, such a beautiful album , the girls are getting so big! Love the way you used Lilybee!

Kelly Lux September 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Well done Katie you truly are the talent in our family!!! Much Love from your Austin cousin...

Post a Comment