Monday Motivator - Quick and Easy Audrey Pages

>> Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Monday.  We've spent a good deal of time this month showing you just how versatile the Audrey line is with pages ranging from Patriotic to girly-girl. Now we'd like to share with you just how quick and easy it is to use, as well.

Design Team member Jill Sprott created this quick and gorgeous sentiment page as a way to document her appreciation for her Sister-in-law. Below, she shares three tips for keeping it easy. 



(1) I kept embellishments to a minimum by using the perfect-out-of-the-package Lily Bee flowers. Rather than spend time rummaging through my stash for color-coordinated accents, I misted one of the small pink flowers so that it would work with the photo and the papers. It dried really quickly.

(2) Aside from the cardstock, I used scraps for every part of this layout, cutting the coordinating Audrey patterned papers into blocks and strips and layering a few on top of each other. The papers in this line complement each other beautifully.

(3) The fastest part of all was the part that usually takes me the longest -- the journaling. I knew that it would be a challenge to put into words what makes my sister-in-law such a gift, so I used a journaling strategy that works for me when I'm feeling intimidated or tongue - tied: look at the person in the photo, and write to him or her, sharing what comes to mind when you look at the photo(s) of him or her. I sometimes find that composing the journaling gets tangled up with placing the journaling, so in those cases, I separate the two. Rather than worry about where to place the journaling, I printed it on cardstock, added a ribbon tab, and slipped the journaling behind the photo.

I, Lori Gentile, created this quick page to document my love of my morning routine; coffee and email. This page will go straight into my Book of Me album. Below are my three tips on keeping it easy. 



(1) The new Audrey rub-ons are perfect for creating quick and easy titles because of the larger 12 x 12 size. My tip for rub-ons; leave them in the original packaging and just cut out, with scissors, the rub-on you plan to use. This keeps the leftovers secure, in place, and ready for the next use. 

(2) The Audrey die cuts are so easy to use. I quickly traced the outside of the die-cut around the edge of my paper to give it a border, which keeps the eye from drifting off the page. Then, instead of cutting up patterned paper to layer around my photo, I simply placed the die cut to the side and underneath my photo. The pre-cut design adds a nice, fancy-looking detail with very little effort. 

(3) To keep things easy on myself, I hand-wrote my journaling. This is my favorite way to save time when making layouts. 

I wanted to remind you to enter our Audrey Challenge. You now have until October 20th to create up to two layouts, cards or projects using the Audrey line and upload them to our Ning gallery. Two lucky winners will get the entire line of Audrey products. Good luck! We can't wait to see what you do. 

Lori



0 comments:

Post a Comment