Happy Memorial Day

>> Monday, May 25, 2009

Hi. Lori here. I hope you have been enjoying the holiday weekend. To honor the holiday, I decided to make a card to donate to Cards for Heroes. This is a wonderful organization that sends cards of encouragement and gratitude to our Armed Forces, as well as blank cards for them to use to write home. On Saturday, they hosted a fantastic blog hop. You can go here to see all the wonderful cards. 


The card I made is a simple blank card. Lily Bee paper is so versatile that I was able to pull out patriotic colors to use. I cut the stars using the Making Memories Slice machine. The remaining red accents are our die cuts from the French Couture line. 

I have been wanting to make some projects to hang around the house. This Fancy Pants frame was a great excuse to do just that. I wanted my photos to be the main focus of the frame, so I kept it very simple. I decorated the upper center frame with chipboard letters covered in Lily Bee French Couture paper and our Laugh and Three Little Birds Accent rub-ons. The rub-ons go on like butter. They are so smooth and easy to work with. I recommend putting one staple at the top of the rub-on sheet before you start cutting them out. This will keep the back from separating from the front of the remaining rub-ons. 

I like how simple the frame turned out. It looks really great hanging on my grey-blue walls. I couldn't get a picture of it against the blue walls without a ton of glare, so I settled for photographing it on the ground with white behind it. Maybe you can imagine a lovely grey-blue peeking out instead.




Please don't forget about our contest. You still have one week to link us up to your entry. Have a wonderful Monday! 


2 comments:

Nicole May 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

great cause Lori...and that frame project is darling!

Gina May 27, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

totally adorable frame!!!

Post a Comment